To carry out the festival organisation, Milano Film Festival
gives students and young film fanatics the opportunity to take part in unpaid collaborations and training placements for the 13th edition which will be held at the Piccolo Teatro di Milano in September.
The interns will get the chance to learn, from an "insider's" point of view, just how an international film festival is organised and run. Each placement participant will become involved with a specific role and responsibility, and there is also the possibility of further collaboration in the future.
Collaborations are needed in the following areas
- search for and selection of works
- management and updating of festival's film archive
- planning, scheduling, and management of the side events
- communications and promotion
- editing and translation of texts
- Italian and foreign press office
- hospitality and international relations
- management and updating of website
- fund raising, marketing and advertising
Internship length and duration
Starting from January 2008, internships generally last 3 months. The work is considered full-time, monday to friday from 9.30 to 18.30.
Unfortunately Milano Film Festival cannot afford yet to pay for these three months of work, but we will do anything we can in order to make this experience an important point in terms of personal and professional growth.
All applicants must
- be born after 1st January 1978
- have a good knowledge of a foreign language other than their native language.
- have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
- have a basic grasp of how to cook- especially regional and/or foreign cuisine.
How to apply for internships
All applicants should send their CV and a short letter of motivation to Milano Film Festival
You can contact 2 trainees who took part in the organisation in 2006:
, Serena email@example.com